VectorCare is looking for an experienced Senior Back-End Developer to join our engineering team and play a key role in expanding and helping our platform evolve. You’ll be responsible for helping software development and become a crucial member of the engineering team as we tackle big issues in healthcare innovation.
We are poised to rapidly expand in the coming years, and we’re looking to hire an engineer who can grow with us long-term. Though you will have specific roles and responsibilities on the engineering team, our start-up environment requires that you are versatile and able to learn to adapt in many different projects.
We’re looking for someone with a start-up mentality, who is motivated by growth and is looking to work for a company where they can leave a large impact.
As a young company, we work in a highly collaborative environment with a flat management structure. Your work will be valuable, and you will be able to take ownership for large projects and leave your mark, rather than being one of thousands of employees at a large corporation. In addition, you will be able to earn generous company equity and profit from VectorCare’s success.
Though we are a start-up, we don’t expect employees to work hellish, long hours. The smoothest running companies thrive because of work-life balance, so we strive to make our office a productive, enjoyable place to work. From 100% covered medical/dental insurance, to catered meals, an office by the beach, free parking, work-from-home-Fridays, a workday that ends at 4pm, a generous vacation policy, and an onsite gym and shower (complete with optional team crossfit training after work), we make continuous investments in the well-being of our employees.
Some minimum requirements and experience we’re looking for(though if you are missing one don’t let that stop you from applying!):
- 5 years software engineering experience(or equivalent)
- Container orchestration experience (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with Microservice Architectures
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience writing Python code
- Familiarity with Django or similar web frameworks
- Comfortable using Git
- Experience with production workloads on AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience using Docker
- Bash basics & comfortable with command line
- Comfortable with Linux environments
Additional skills that we value:
- Experience with Agile development
- Skilled with Django REST Framework
- Experience using Redis
- Knowledge of container monitoring techniques
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Experience using Elasticsearch
- Experience with HIPAA
- Experience with CI/CD (like Jenkins)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational database
About Us: Founded in 2011, VectorCare (previously Medlert) is a Care Coordination platform which helps hospitals schedule everything from patient transport to in-home health visits: a single entry point to manage the whole patient’s journey. We’re empowering healthcare providers to become changemakers in their industry through better efficiency, improved patient care, and reduced healthcare costs for everyone.
If interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to careers[at]vectorcare.com